Here are some reminders for those who have recently undergone a teeth extraction at Neo Smiles Dental Studio!
How to care for your gums after extraction:
- Bite on the gauze and allow the wound to heal and clot at least an hour after your extraction
- Finish the full course of antibiotics
- An ice pack can be used in 15 minute intervals during the day of extraction to reduce swelling (if any) on the face. This will only be effective for the first 24 hours after extraction
- Eat softer food such as smoothies, porridge or soup to avoid dislodging the blood clot
- Spitting, rinsing or drinking through a straw the first 24 hours after extraction
- Consuming extremely hot or cold foods as you may not be able to detect the temperature of the food before the local anaesthesia wears off
- Brushing your teeth in that area for the first 24 hours after extraction. Do continue brushing your other teeth in the other areas, being careful around the extraction site.
- Smoking or alcohol
- Strenuous exercise
If there is excessive bleeding (more than 8-12 hours after extraction), do not hesitate to contact us at 9669-0789 (Whatsapp) or give us a call.
It is not unusual to feel sore in the area 3-7 days after extraction, so we recommend continue eating a soft food diet and taking extra care around the area until it has completely healed.