What are dentures?
Dentures are removal replacements for teeth designed to look and function like natural teeth, also known as false teeth, and are usually for the elderly.
A full denture replaces all teeth on a top or bottom jaw, whereas a partial fills the gap in between existing teeth with replacement teeth.
Benefits of Dentures?
- Increase your confidence by restoring appearance due to sunken lips & missing teeth
- Allows better biting and chewing of food
- Supports facial muscles, and cheeks
How long does Dentures last?
- With good maintenance, dentures can last a long time
- New dentures would still be needed every 2 – 5 years due to rate of gum and bone shrinkage
- Ill-fitting dentures can trap food, leading to increased decay, and gum disease
Is Dentures CHAS/PG Claimable?
Yes, as a CHAS and Pioneer Generation- accredited dental clinic, Neo Smiles allows you to use CHAS/ PG to subsidise your dentures.
Our experienced dentist will first assess if you are suitable for dentures, or suggest alternative treatment such as bridges and implants.
We will take impressions of the mouth, which will be sent to a lab to create the wax dentures.
Once the wax dentures are in, you will come back to test the comfort and bite. This may take several visits to refine the fit, especially if there are many replacement teeth
Congratulations, your dentures are ready! Once satisfied with the fit, the wax dentures will be sent back the laboratory for processing of the actual dentures.