The treatment duration varies depending on case complexity and severity. On average, it may take from between 9 to 15 months.
Invisalign may be suitable in the following situations:
- Teeth with minor spacing in-between
- Teeth with mild to moderate crowding
- Teeth relapsed from previous orthodontic treatment
You should also maintain good overall oral hygiene, and ensure any outstanding dental treatments (e.g. fillings, cleaning) are completed before the start of the Invisalign treatment.
- During your first visit, the orthodontist will examine your overall dental condition. If you are suitable for Invisalign, the orthodontist will take X-rays of your dental profile, photographs of your teeth & facial profile, and your dental impressions. All this information will be used to build your own, customised Invisalign treatment plan.
Treatment Plan Review
- During the review, the orthodontist will show you your own personalised 3-D video treatment plan, visually showing your tooth movements until the final desired outcome. Once the proposed plan is confirmed, your custom-made aligners will be produced & delivered. This may take between four to six weeks.
- You will be issued the first few sets of aligners. The orthodontist will show you how to wear the aligners and what to take note of during the treatment. You will also be given a start-up kit, including instructions on how to care and maintain your aligners.
Subsequent Aligners Review
- At each subsequent visit, you will be given the next sequential sets of aligners. Occasionally, your teeth may need to be filed to achieve the spacing needed to align the teeth. You will review your progress with the orthodontist every six to eight weeks. In the interim, you will sequentially progress to the next pair of aligners every two weeks.
Completion of Treatment
- Now that you have achieved your beautiful smile, you will want it to stay that way! At the end of treatment, a customised set of retainers will be issued to help you keep your teeth in the corrected positions.