What is Teeth Whitening?
Philips Professional Zoom Whitening
At Neo Smiles, we believe in providing a great teeth whitening solution for our patients, the Philips Professional Zoom Whitening Solution.
WhiteSpeed is one of the fastest ways to create brighter, healthier smiles that patients will want to show off. When combined with the pH booster in the whitening gel, WhiteSpeed's advanced blue LED light-activated technology greatly accelerates the whitening process.
The result is a dramatic result you will experience in just one office visit.
Dentist Supervised Home Kit
- Whitens Your Teeth
- Slower to See Results
- 30 mins to 45 mins per session (Multi-session)
- Convenient for Home Application
- Best for Maintenance of Whitened Teeth
Philips Zoom! Professional In-Chair Whitening
- Whitens your teeth
- Effective immediately
- 90 - 120 mins (One-time)
- By Professionals
- Slight transient sensitivity to the teeth
- Irritation to the soft tissue (e.g. gums)
- Nausea or vomiting (usually due to ingestion of take-home whitening kits
Please avoid staining foods such as coffee and red wine in the first 48 hours after treatment.
The results of teeth whitening typically lasts from only one to three years, depending on diet and habits (e.g. smoking)
Teeth Whitening touch-ups is recommended every three to six months to maintain the desired shade of your teeth.
The Initial Consultation
Before beginning any dental treatment, you will have a complete consultation with your cosmetic dentist. To decide whether teeth whitening will work well for you, your dentist will first examine your teeth and gums. After determining your candidacy for treatment, you will discuss your goals and likely results.
With this information, your dentist can help you decide whether in-office or at-home whitening is the right option for you.
Professional Teeth Whitening
Your dentist will use whitening gel with a medically safe level of peroxide. After an hour or less, the gel will remove the teeth stains and achieve a significantly whiter and brighter smile.
What is Icon Treatment?
Neo Smiles provides ICON Infiltration Therapy, a non-invasive approach used to treat teeth stains and improve the appearance of teeth.
ICON infiltration therapy treats internal stains in a non-damaging way. Such stains or discolourations on teeth can be spots or bands on the smooth surface of the tooth. The white spots can be due to several factors:
* Fluorosis caused by excessive fluoride use, especially when young
* Caries that did not progress into a cavity but ends up as a brown spot
* Braces treatment, where after removal of the braces there are stains due to poor dental hygiene and decay
* Enamel development defect caused by trauma or infection of primary teeth when the permanent tooth was developing
Icon allows us to remove these stains by whitening and infiltration therapy that blends white spots with the rest of the tooth surface
There is no drilling or injections necessary, and icon treatment can be completed in a single session.
1) The tooth is cleaned and prepared with etching gel to create porosity at the surface layer.
2) A liquid resin known as ICON is flowed into the porous enamel (outer tooth structure).
3) The resin is set with light.
4) We polish the ICON infiltrate (resin) that fills the discoloured spots.